This recipe requires gently cooking watermelon sous vide for best flavor.
- 1 watermelon (individual slices about 4 x 1 inches (or 12 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon
- dusting of powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the water bath to 140 degrees F
- Remove the rind and skin from watermelon and dice into 1-inch cubes or slices 4×1 inches
- Dust the watermelon with powdered sugar (lightly)
- Place the watermelon in a vacuum bag and seal out the air (You can use a standard resealable bag. Be sure to press out as much air as possible.)
- Submerge the pouch into the water bath for 2 hours.
- Remove the bag and place in ice water until cool.
- Serve immediately in a salad or alone, or you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
New to sous vide cooking? Check out our in-depth review of the best sous vide appliance for hope chefs in 2018.
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”