This recipe requires gently cooking watermelon sous vide for best flavor.
- 1 watermelon (individual slices about 4 x 1 inches (or 12 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon
- dusting of powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the water bath to 140 degrees F
- Remove the rind and skin from watermelon and dice into 1-inch cubes or slices 4×1 inches
- Dust the watermelon with powdered sugar (lightly)
- Place the watermelon in a vacuum bag and seal out the air (You can use a standard resealable bag. Be sure to press out as much air as possible.)
- Submerge the pouch into the water bath for 2 hours.
- Remove the bag and place in ice water until cool.
- Serve immediately in a salad or alone, or you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
New to sous vide cooking? Check out our in-depth review of the best sous vide appliance for hope chefs in 2018.