This fast and easy zucchini bread knocks it out of the park for flavor and healthy benefits! This is adapted from a recipe on Food.com, but I’ve changed out the oil and sugar to make it even healthier. To switch it up even more, try grated beets in place of 1/2 the zucchini and add a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Low Fat Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cups brown sugar (I’ve also used the Splenda©& mix)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups grated zucchini (about 2)
- 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt (Original recipe had 1/4 oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- *optional I’ve added raisins, a chopped apple or almonds to change the taste and texture but I still prefer the original.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Add to a well greased bread pan (I used cooking spray, but be sure to coat the bottom twice)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”