I saw the recipe for Kale Chips on the ION’s Body Fuel television show. I sat in my all too comfortable chair and thought, “there is no way these are going to keep me out of the Lay’s chip bag”. SURPRISE! It does.
|Basic Kale Chips||
- 1 bunch of raw kale
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt*
- Wash and completely dry the kale.
- Remove the stems from your kale and tear the remaining leaves into bite sized pieces. The kale shrinks (a lot) during cooking so make them about twice the size of what you’d like the finished product to be.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the kale with your olive oil and toss in the dry ingredients and coat the kale evenly.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes total at 275 degrees, turning the chips one time half way through the cooking.
*Be creative. There are dozens of recipes for additional flavorings. Add your favorites. Maybe a little cumen and hot sauce? Try the basic cool ranch flavors using onion, vinegar, garlic, thyme and pepper. I really liked this easy method from The Salted Kitchen
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”