These baked chicken wings solve a huge game day menu problem for me — they are gluten free, easy preparation and they taste great!
These baked chicken wings solve a real dilemma for casual gatherings. I am constantly looking for great gluten free snacks beyond the standard crudites of vegetable tray and deviled eggs. This recipe solves the problem.
I can do many dips, but it’s always a challenge to find the main delivery system for those dips if it isn’t a carrot stick, a corn tortilla or boiled shrimp. Don’t get me wrong, these all fabulous snacking foods. But I missed chicken wings.
This baked chicken wings recipe can be changed up with a little hot sauce (buffalo flavor), a spicy chili marmalade, blackened seasoning, fajita seasoning, or even ranch dressing mix. This snack doesn’t require you buy an unique or special equipment or have extraordinary culinary skills. Experiment with your favorite flavors because the only limit is your imagination.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter (don’t use margarine)
- 1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss chicken wings with oil, salt and pepper. Lay them on a sheet tray with a baking rack (elevate the wings from the fat drippings) in a single layer. NOTE: If you want easier clean up, line the tray with aluminum foil and spray the baking rack with a non-stick, non-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake wings for 50 minutes until slightly brown. Remove from the oven and toss wings with the remaining ingredients. Return to the baking sheet and the oven for 20 minutes until brown and crispy.
* Substitute 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce for 1/4 cup of buffalo hot sauce.
* Add 1 clove of garlic (micro-plane to a paste) in the baking phase.
* Replace 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce with 1 tablespoon of cumin.
* Toss wings with taco seasoning (any brand) and 1/4 cup butter.