You don’t have to be a great baker to have fun with the holidays. I’m starting to get into the Halloween Spirit. This isn’t my favorite holiday, but I have plenty of ghastly friends who adore donning costumes, breaking out the dry ice and decorating with spiders and witches! For them this is the ideal dessert — and it is wickedly good.
The tombstone is made by decorating a Pepperidge Farm Milano cookie.
- 1 20 ounce package of chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 packages of instant pudding mix (choose your flavor, but chocolate works best for visual impact)
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 frozen whipped topping tub, thawed
- 16 8 ounce plastic see-through cups
- Put the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor pulse until they become fine crumbs. Set aside for later use (this is the dirt).
- In a large bowl, combine the butter or margarine, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla flavoring. Beat on low speed until combined, then beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the pudding mix and milk to the bowl. Beat on low speed to combine.
- Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture with a rubber spatula.
- In each clear plastic cup, assemble in layers as follows: first layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs; second layer, 1/2 pudding mixture; third layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs; fifth layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs.